Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Logan Riddle (1987-2011)


This month's posting had to be put off for a few weeks because of circumstances in my personal life. These circumstances of loss brought me back to the memory of a friend that I and many, many others in Augusta lost a few years ago - Logan Riddle. Everyone here knows his name but not many people knew him as a person. Logan had a heart of gold. Flipping through his facebook pictures, it seems to defy all reason that I can't just ride down the road and find him listening to Calico System or hanging out with his friends. I played in a band with him from the Summer of 2007 to the Spring of 2008, and we recorded a live set at Sector 7G on August 5th, 2007 that I recently realized, I don't think anyone besides myself and the drummer (Ryan Meadows, who also played in Midnight Society with Logan) have the demo of. The songs didn't have titles and we played the same five songs at every show. Logan's banter between songs never fails to bring a smile to my face. "All right, I'm workin' on like two hours of sleep..." has become my motto for working when I'm tired. As far as I remember, the band's last show was Sausage Fest 2008 at the Shade Coffeehouse in North Augusta. Please correct me if you remember otherwise.

When we lost Logan, we lost a friend. I want people to be able to have this primarily as a piece of Logan's life and output as a musician, but also in a lesser way to add to the catalog of Augusta bands' recordings. I encourage you to download them and share them. The link below contains the five .mp3's that were recorded that night and an album art .jpg.


That's all I have for this month. Next month, things will be back to normal.













-Brian

1 comment:

  1. Just downloaded and shared this link. I had 9th grade Literature w/ Logan, and he was always a cool cat, to me!!! I did a song, honoring all of the people that I knew that were gone, and even though Logan & I weren't great friends, we still shared somewhat of an affinity for each other. So I honored him with the line "And Logan Riddle, I knew we weren't too close, but in school, we acted a fool and made it the most!!" - Referring to when he & I, and a few others, would give Mr. Kerr absolute hell in 9th grade!!!

    Miss you Logan! Rest in Power.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it decent.